One of my current obsessions these days has to be a music streaming service called Spotify. Similar to Pandora, Spotify lets its users search for artists and songs on demand and play them instantly. You have the option of listening through the site or downloading the program onto your computer. From here you can search artists, listen to their entire discography, and even create your own playlists for free. If you are using the free subscription there are commercials every few songs. If you are using the paid subscription then the service is ad free and you are able to hear the songs you want on both computer and phone, whereas the free version you can only hear those specific songs on your computer and only hear stations on your phone. I like this service so much better than Pandora specifically because I grew tired of having to wait to hear the song I wanted to through their stations, and the commercials were too frequent.
Spotify's service is very effective in benefiting artists by making entire discography's so easily available in one place without making listeners search for every song. I can't tell you how many bands I recently became a fan of because I was able to hear a bands full album so easily and as frequently as I wanted. In addition, the playlist feature allows listeners to hear other's selections and to discover other bands
The overall design of the program and how easy it is to navigate also attracts me to this site. I like how clutter-free each page is and how easy it is to find an artist. There is also a scarcity of ads (both visually and audio) that makes my listening experience less interrupted.
With the rise of music streaming services, all a listener wants is to find a site where they can easily listen to the music they want without having to be bothered with endless searches and ads. The fact that the free service has so many features is a plus too. Overall everything that this site has to offer plus its "user friendly" interface is what attracts people to this service.


No comments:
Post a Comment