Monday, October 28, 2013

I recently bought a new flat iron from Paul Mitchell collection. Normally their Ion classic iron comes in black but I bought a special "de-luxe" edition. Paul Mitchell is an american hair stylist who created his own brand of hair care products and tools. His legacy has built a reputation for making some of the best hair products on the market



The original iron comes in a black box decorated in accents of green and a barely visible print all over. The iron itself comes in a sleek black color with an all black cord


The Special edition irons have more of a retro feel to them. Packaged in a cardboard like box and accented with the color of the iron you choose. Even the type used on the packaging looked more "vintage"  from what they use in the original. In addition to the iron it came with a free brush to match. You are given a choice of either a bright red or a mint green and instead of having a black cord attached, it was decorated in a creme and black pinstripe.

Although both original and special edition irons are exactly the same in terms of how they work, I was drawn more to the appearance of the special edition. I loved how simple and vintage feeling the packaging was. I also liked that they offered color choices instead of just black.


No comments:

Post a Comment