Tuesday, October 1, 2013

First class

Day one done.


For our first class meeting, we were each given a cactus pear and were told to use all of our senses to memorize it. By using our touch, sight, smell, and even hearing we were able to give our own pear an identity. We were able to distinguish the difference between each other's without even looking at it. Afterwards we were given the assignment of rendering our pears every day using different mediums. At first I didn't understand what the purpose of studying the pear was until it dawned on me- In order to efficiently render our drawings we must know the pear inside and out. We must know the curves, the texture, the color, everything about it in order to draw our pear. 



I look forward to what lessons this class will bring. I Just hope it doesn't involve another object that gives me splinters :/

No comments:

Post a Comment